Monday, October 27

in which cardboard boxes are ruled out as a possible place of residence and a good replacement is discovered(!)

Guess WHAT?!? On Saturday I found a place to live! I mean, I have been staying with my brother-in-law's family since I arrived on the East coast(-ish), but that couldn't last forever. The free rent was great, and they are amazingly nice and generous, but I need to be closer to the city (and, more importantly, have easy metro access). So that hopefully someday I can find a job. That would be pretty good.

But yeah! I have a place to live. And it's great! It's in a little townhouse in Virginia (but still inside the D.C. loop) and is right by a bus stop that will take me to the metro. Which means I don't need to buy a car - yea for saving money! And it means that I will be able to go to all kinds of cool stuff, like the National Symphony Orchestra performance last Thursday that I got a free ticket to. They played, along with two other pieces, Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 2 in E minor - that was an amazing and worthwhile hour of my life. The thought of going to more things like that, especially if they're free, makes me happy.

So I'll be in a private basement bedroom, which is good-sized, and it has a walk-in closet right next to it. Which will make storing all my stuff much easier. The walk-in has a pretty low ceiling, but I'm short enough that it doesn't really matter. And the kitchen is big - great for me, with my love of cooking and its accompanying multiple boxes of kitchen stuff. And my roommates (at least, the two that are signed up) are LDS, which is good standards-wise and having-a-friend-to-go-to-church-with-wise. AND it's one of the cheapest places that I've found in the area - yea for saving even more money! I can start moving in on November 8th, and I'm so excited!

Just thought I'd share the great news.

3 comments:

Briana said...

Steph! That is so exciting. It's nice to hear what is going on in your life. I don't know how I'd feel being graduated...that's weird thought. Good thing I still have a couple of years left.

Ally said...

Awesome! It sounds like a great place, convenient and good roommates...

I'm glad to hear you found a nice place. ;-)

I hope it will be great for you.

SuzQuez said...

I'm glad you found a good place. Love, Mom