Thursday, September 11

big change!

So, um, it's been a really long time since I last wrote. One friend totally called me out on that, saying that my blog was growing moss. And, uh, that was a while ago. So by now my blog is probably a full-grown swamp. Complete with slimy ponds and huge, moss-covered trees and quicksand. Maybe crocodiles. Hopefully you can still read my blog through all that stuff.

Well, I moved! I am now living way across the country from where I used to be, and it's strange. Strange to not be around my family (though I am temporarily living with my brother-in-law Indecisive Generosity's family, who are all just wonderful). Strange to know that school has started again, but not for me. Strange to have so many options about what jobs to apply for but to have no idea what type of job I should be looking for right now. I feel kind of lost, and that's not a feeling that I'm used to. Or one that I like at all. Also, my tooth hurts, which makes looking for a job kind of hard to focus on.

But all the strangeness is worth it. Because I am living right by Washington D.C., which is awesome! And depending on where my job-to-be is located, I may be living in D.C. Or in northern Virginia, right across the river from D.C., which is practically the same. This means that I'll be able to go to the national monuments and the Smithsonian museums (super rad AND free) all the time! You just can't beat that. Plus, I'll be able to go during less tourist-y times. Not that I know what those are yet, but I have plenty of time to figure that out. Also, I'll be relatively close to a temple, which is great. There's not much downside, beside the pretty-much-my-whole-life-is-changed aspect of it, but I can deal with that.

Because this is where I'm supposed to be. I'm so glad for spiritual guidance in the face of uncertainty.

2 comments:

Ally said...

I was just wondering today what in the world happened to you!

I'm glad you've arrived safely. And I hope the job search will come full circle soon and you'll find something great.

I love the D.C./Virginia area. Such a wonderful place rich with so much history and magic.

Best wishes to you!! We love to hear that you're okay and what you're up to. ;-)

Love,
Ally

SuzQuez said...

I like your swamp, especially the quicksand...and the crocodiles.

Take a step into the dark--just "DO IT!" (President Kimball)

Love,

Mom